Thursday, February 22, 2007

Musings!

Yesterday, while having my usual stroll, starting from the NBH mess to the dried-up-lake point (infamously known as the smoker's point too), I suddenly stopped in front of the motorola school and began to stare at the stage (in the ground) as if it had just sprung out of nowhere. Cutting short my stroll, I sat down by the ledge and began recollecting all the things I had seen happening here.

The first thing that came to my mind was the performance of Nemesis and After Death during the rock show in Felicity 06 and the performance of Insomnia a couple of weeks later. I had started listening to rock some years back, but watching a live performance was beyond anything. Though I know as much as nought in guitar and stuff, I could easily make out that before each performance, the team guitarists would first make sure they were getting the right feedback from the speakers etc. Being one of the volunteers of the rock show, I saw the enormous effort that had gone into getting all the amplifiers and other stuff to work properly and in sync with each other. Getting a first hand experience of all these things could not have been possible without the rock show! Earlier I used to wonder why would anyone feel like haedbanging when one would listen to metal/rock songs. One look at the people around me (headbanging ofcourse) on that night and realised how natural it was! I still remember how the entire crowd erupted into hysteria when that guy (Nemesis, from IIT Kharagpur) started playing that particularly superb peice of solo guitar in Comfortably Numb. All in all, that night was a night to remember!


Crappy Point#1 : I'm still in Black List number 3. With Felicity and an overload of assignments and stuff like that, NFS has taken a backseat :X

Crappy Point#2 : I dropped my fx-880MS casio scientific calculator yet again. This was the 1001th I dropped it. Though it is still working properly, I doubt if it will be able to survive another fall. No matter how many times I try to keep it in, I always take it out the next moment for some stupid purpose!

Crappy Point#3 : The food in NBH mess has started degrading again. As far as I'm concerned, I see it as a sign of change and hope. Everytime the quality of food at NBH starts degrading, people start exploring other options forcing the mess guy to sit up and take notice!

Crappy Point#4 : I'm really missing the 3rd floor!

1 comment:

tremlanquer said...

ahh yea!! a rock show is all you need to turn a gawky clumsy hush-mush fan into a metalhead hehe!!! glad youre into rock !!

are you going for maiden?